Twittering Machine

Saturday, April 14, 2007

guimaras


I had the chance to test my Nike ACG shoes this summer when I paddled an indigenous banca around this secret cove. It's interesting to see how the use of different parts of one's body induces different kinds of thoughts. Moving my legs while running brings me thoughts of work or adrenaline-pumping competition. In contrast, using my arms to slowly maneuver the boat towards mangroves and limestone formations made me meditative: I became attentive to the slicing paddle, the chorusing waves, the wilding wind, and the mango-yellowing sky.

Two Ilonggo expressions I drank during my Visayan sojourn were: "Adlaw natin 'ini" and "Nagahigugma ako sa imo." The first tastes like a melony mouthful of "This day is ours," while the second has the syrupy rum warmth of "I've fallen in love with you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ilonggo pronoun for ours is naton. You're right, it does have a refreshing taste on the tongue and a fruity aftertaste. Not that I am being biased as I am Ilonggo myself. But the lilting sound I produce and the movement of my tongue while saying it make it so.

By the way, thanks for embedding my video on your site. I think we met at UP-D waaaaaaaaay back when.

Thanks again and visit my site at: http://avocadolife.blogspot.com/

Voltaire said...

Thanks for visiting Kyn! Your video appeared after I sent Google my thoughts for the week and matched them with some videos.