Twittering Machine

Sunday, June 8, 2008

no neckties


Ah! It's almost the end of summer: time to find a private island, replenish my creative juices, and write.

This is the picture I first used for my profile in Friendster when I joined it in 2003. Many people have asked me where it was taken. Boracay? Palawan?

No. This was way up north, in Pagudpud, which I heard about from Charlon, a role model in sales. What struck me about him was his ability to strike a conversation with anyone in the beach in Mindoro. It seems that our culture has made virtues out of modesty and self-deprecation: so Charlon, who overflowed with positive words and confidence, was like a fresh sea breeze. From him I learned that selling is not about insincerity, which is easily detected, selling is a transference of feeling.

"You don't have to spend a lot of money to see beauty," he said, "just go to Pagudpud."

It wasn't just sales talk.

When I finally saw the color of the waters of Pagudpud- a shade of aqua I couldn't believe existed and that my camera wasn't quite able to capture- I had to agree. Wow.


Subscribe Free
Add to my Page

Thanks to Sitti for "Para sa Akin."

No comments: