Twittering Machine

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

ride in happy hollow


A couple of years ago, Padma Perez wrote an article in PDI on her favorite spots in Baguio. She didn't name the best hiking trails- she wanted to keep them secret- but I've long suspected that the paths going through Happy Hollow was one of them.

Happy Hollow is well-preserved forest land that is claimed by Ibaloi and Kankanaey families. I would've spent a night there after the first STAND conference of LRC, if it weren't for a typhoon that instead blew me and my officemates into the red house of artist BenCab.

When I accompanied my de Jesus relatives to Baguio recently, I escaped them briefly to visit Happy Hollow. I took the video using the only camera available: my cellphone.

Thanks to The Boy Least Likely To for the song "Warm Panda Cola" in my podcast (from the wedding CD of Ava and Jing).

No comments: