Twittering Machine

Thursday, March 15, 2007

chick magnet



I got our first company car two weeks ago, a green Kia Picanto, and named him Nick after my best friend in kindergarten class. I first heard about this bang-for-your-buck car from Jong Navarro, who I interviewed for High Life; I figured out how to acquire one while hanging out in the Gerry Roxas Foundation office in between interviews for the same magazine.

Every morning, dozens of birds flock to Nick- from the sky, he must look like a bush or a tree. Aside from being a magnet for the excitable songsters, he's environmental too: the Picanto can run up to 24 km. per liter of gas (we use unleaded, of course).

Last Thursday night, I took Nick to Nueva Ecija for his first out-of-town business trip. On the way back to Manila, while listening to the Sacred Works of Ryan Cayabyab (track 2 of the CD is on the podcast), we got lost in Pampanga.

Driving past Mount Arayat, I saw the largest sunlight beams dancing before the entire dormant volcano like the folds of a giant golden curtain. It was as if God had parted the sky: I parked on the side of the road and took pictures of the phenomenon to the amusement of farmers who were walking home from a day of working in the rice fields.

No comments: