Twittering Machine

Saturday, June 16, 2007

expression

In my undergrad junior year, someone touched a deeper place in my heart: somewhere I have never travelled. I confided this to Dona, then the outgoing Features editor of Kule, one evening while we walked around the Sunken Garden discussing the section I was about to lead. Her advice: quit being circuitous and say I love you, pity the beloved who doesn't hear those words.

Now you know who to thank- or blame- for my candor!

Seriously, I've come to realize that expressing and accepting expressions of love fulfill a vital human need and are part of the process of self-actualization.

Here we are as professional journalists in the Ramon Magsaysay Center: Dona Pazzibugan as a reporter and president of the union of the Inquirer and I as a freelance writer who had begun writing creatively again.

Earlier, I had interviewed Haydee Yorac, Ramon Magsaysay awardee for government service, for MenZone. I approached Dona after Ms. Yorac gave her RM Award lecture to media and invited guests. It was to be the heroic Ms. Yorac's last major interview and public appearance before passing on.

Thanks to Joey Ayala for "Walang Hanggang Paalam," a favorite love song in Kule, playing in the podcast.

No comments: