Twittering Machine

Sunday, March 1, 2009

saglit


I forgot to check my email and didn't read a message from Mahoto: he was visiting Manila before moving from Rotterdam to Shanghai. Nonetheless, we accidentally bumped into each other in The Block- I was with the poet from Hong Kong, he was with a friend from Chile. I'm trying to compute the probability of its occurrence: since Manila is a megacity with 18 million people, the chances were practically nil (1: factorial of 18 million). Our meeting reminds me of a saying of the Japanese tea masters, Ichigo ichie. Every encounter is once in a lifetime. What grace to experience such moments even if- or precisely because- they are not meant to happen again.

It's a new month- time to change my computer's desktop...


You Changed My Life - Sarah Geronimo

Thanks to Sarah Geronimo for the song "You Changed My Life."

No comments: