Twittering Machine

Monday, May 7, 2007

seer's son


I went with Ric and JP to Baler, Aurora for the first time a couple of days ago to interview and shoot sabutan weaver Baby Valenzuela, one of Citibank's Microentrepreneurs of the Year 2006. Baler is the perfect place to have a farm: the rice fields are flanked by the forested Sierra mountains on one side and the Pacific on the other. There's a balance among the elements that uplifts the spirit.

On the way to Baler, I saw posters of the district's congressman, my law classmate and tukayo Sonny. I first saw his picture on a desktop calendar in the UP Department of History when I was still an undergrad. Little did I know at the time that I would be entering law school with him. One evening after graduation, we took a break from bar review. I accompanied Sonny to Megamall to appreciate art that was for sale in galleries on the fourth floor. Neither of us bought anything that night, but I learned a new way to relax and enjoy my time without spending a lot. This is how I choose to remember him.

No comments: