Twittering Machine

Monday, September 14, 2009

roommate


On the second night, I meet Bram Buijs from the Netherlands- he'll be my roommate for the rest of my stay in Finland. I have the impression that he's a party animal, but he'll surprise me by being Ville's co-speaker on the environment and climate change in Parliament. He's also a concert pianist, a fact which I'll only discover right before leaving Finland- I'll almost miss it! There are many fascinating things about people and the world around us- one just has to learn to observe and be aware.

Here Bram and I are sunning ourselves and drinking cider and beer on the terrace of the Lasipalatsi (Glass Palace), doing what Fins do on summer evenings. Right behind us, at the center of the photo, is the Art Nouveau Finnish Parliament.

And here is a piece by Jean Sibelius, the Lucio San Pedro of Finland:

No comments: